Kamikaze review

Eminem has been in the music industry for thirty years, but in the last decade he has received criticism on his recent albums. His newest album, Kamikaze, was his response to the critics and the new age rappers.

It was released as a surprise to the world, in the album he raps about how most new rappers have no respect for any of the “old heads”. In the track “The Ringer” he makes several remarks to the artists such as: Lil Xan, Lil pump, Joe Budden, and many more.

Eminem goes on to say that Lil Xan and Lil Pump imitate Lil Wayne, seeing as he was one of the original artists using “Lil” in his name. He also talks about Joe Budden, a member of the rap group “Slaughterhouse” and how him being contracted with Shady Records is the only reason why people know his name.

Eminem comments on how Budden has no room to talk about “trash albums” being that most of Budden’s albums have not made the charts. On the third track “Lucky You” Eminem goes on and talks about ghost writing. Many new age rappers, such as Drake, have been caught “ghost writing”, which is hiring someone else to write their songs, than taking the credit for themselves.

When the album was released, I was one of many people who were surprised with Kamikaze.  As I was listening to the lyrics mixing with the flow, I was amazed with Eminem’s rapping. Ever since the beginning the lyrical flow Eminem is top tier. Many other artists have the desire to be as good as the “Rap God”.

Whether you love him or not, it is safe to say Shady is making a return. Everyone has been chanting his name, so Eminem has given those people what the want. I believe that he will bring back the older style of rap. The kind of rap that tells a story. Only time will tell.

About the Contributors
Antonio Venegas, Staff Writer

Antonio Venegas is the funniest person on the Wave Breaker. He gets hate from being from Ohio because Ohio State is the best team. He is the apprentice...

Eve Katz, Co-Editor-in-Chief, Head of Graphic Design

Eve is one of two editor-in-chiefs of the Wave Breaker. She loves writing and taking pictures of her dogs. She spends all of her time watching and rewatching...