Renegades book review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Renegades book review

Marissa Meyer’s newest book Renegades is about a Renegade boy, Adrian, who believes in everything the Renegades stands for and who starts to fall for Nova, an Anarchist, who wants vengeance against the Renegades for events that happened in her past.

Emily Morris

Emily Morris

Emily Morris

In a futuristic world with superpowers and secret identities there are two sides. The Renegades, who are described as bold, valiant, and just, are the leaders of Gatlon and use their powers to protect the city and restore justice, and the Anarchists, who have a reputation of being driven, clever, and ruthless, and are trying to overthrow the Renegades to bring back personal freedom.

As readers get farther into the book, they learn more about the complex and realistic characters and their strengths, weaknesses, and motives. One of my favorite parts of the book is the characters because each of them has flaws, but they also have good intentions and are doing what they think is right, which makes it hard to label any of them as either “good” or “evil”, which makes them seem more human.

The book is also told in both Adrian and Nova’s point of view, which helps the reader understand their choices and feelings. The characters all have interesting pasts that influence and motivate their choices.

This book is a fast-paced story filled with betrayal, passion, and adventure. Although it was very different from Meyer’s previous series “The Lunar Chronicles” it was still an amazing book and it exceeded my highest expectations. I would give it 5/5 stars and recommend it to anyone who is a fan of superheros and is looking to read an exciting book with unexpected turns and an exhilarating story.