Three day cleanse

Nine smoothies in three days: the Three Day Cleanse

Labeled for reuse

Spring Break is coming faster than ever. Nobody wants to not be in shape while laying on the beach, so I decided to do a three day cleanse to lose a couple pounds and have a healthier body.

For the cleanse, I tried Dr.Oz’s method. This includes a breakfast, lunch and dinner drink. The morning drink includes Flax Seeds, Raspberries, Bananas, Spinach, almond butter, and lemon.

Lunch includes Celery, Cucumber, Kale leaves, Green Apple, Lime, Coconut Oil, Almond Milk, and Pineapples.

The last and final drink consists of Mango, Blueberries, Coconut Water, Kale, Lemon, Avocado, Cayenne Pepper, and Flax Seeds.

Doctor Oz also says our bodies become toxic and need a cleanse to clear out all the bad things. With this toxic overload, every system can be affected.

Clearly, I was able to still take in the nutrients that I need – I just had to drink them. According to Doctor Oz, over 20 percent of people that want to lose or maintain their weight have tried a cleanse.

Water is a key ingredient while doing a cleanse. It’s recommended to drink four 12-ounce glasses per day of either spring, filtered, or distilled water.

Day One:
I drank my breakfast drink before school. This is full of good things like flax seeds and banana. They’re good for you, but far from good tasting. The only thing I want is McDonalds, but I have got to be strong.

Thinking about how it will all be worth it, I suck it up and finish the drink. I know I have to drink another one for lunch, so I prepare it to take to school. I’m doing the cleanse because of spring break and I could lose five to ten pounds.

When lunch came around, my stomach wasn’t very happy. I could hear it yelling “Go get some pizza!” I got through the lunch hunger and was now preparing for dinner.

Since this is only my first day, it’s the worst. I’m just ready for it to be over.

Day Two:
This morning was a nightmare. I have never felt so hungry and weak in my life. I decided to drink the morning shake hoping it would make me feel better.

I took my multivitamin supplement and went to school. I could feel myself getting into a bad mood. I decided it would be better not to talk to anyone because I would just be cranky.

Of course, they had Chick-fil-a at school. Anyone that knows me knows that is my favorite place to eat. It took my friends taking my wallet from me and me taking a nap during lunch for
me not to go purchase a sandwich. I drank the unsatisfying drink and felt ready to go home.

Once I got home, I smelled a familiar aroma in the kitchen. My mom brought home McDonalds. I wanted to scream, nothing made my mouth water more than a double cheese burger. I kept thinking to myself, will it be worth it while lying on the beach? No. I drank my final drink of the day. Nothing was going fast tonight, I just wanted the night to be over with.

Day Three:
I woke up this morning feeling weirdly refreshed. I started thinking maybe this was all worth it. I looked at myself and felt and looked lighter. I drank my last morning drink, thanking God it was the final day. I could almost taste the steak and chicken I was going to have the next night. I went through the day like normal.

It was a little easier on the final day than it had previously been. My parents and friends told me how proud they were, even though they didn’t understand how hard it was. When I got home that day I felt a sense of accomplishment.

These past two days were hard but worth it. I would do this cleanse again, but maybe a better tasting one.

Cleanses are not fun, but every person’s body needs a break from sugars, fats, and artificial foods. This cleanse had my body feeling refreshed, and energized.