A day in the life of a type 3 personality

I know reader, I know. You’re probably going “what the h e c k is a type 3 personality”. Well, my friend, I’m here to explain. A while ago I took an personality test called the enneagram test. The enneagram is an online personality test that can tell you your personality based upon a series of questions. The answers can tell which of the 9 personalities you identify as. I was deemed a type 3, the achiever. As a type 3 persona, I’m characterized as self-assured, attractive, and charming (those last two things are in fact, a lie) and I share a personality type with Julius Caesar, Macbeth, and my personal favorite, Oprah (I mean, we both love bread).

Aaaaahhhhh… a fresh start… on Tuesday… with rain. I started the day with a refreshing cup of tea (I know I sound like a 40-year-old woman, sue me) and a passion to crush my enemies. Upon waking up, I keenly noticed that I woke up 40 minutes after my alarm. Worried, I flop violently out of my bed (almost like a fish) and fly out of my bedroom to grab something to scarf down. After taking about 20 minutes to get ready, I race out of the house, realizing I forgot two important items, my glasses and my umbrella. I thought to myself, good one Ava, you’re blind AND completely wet?! Amazing, simply amazing. Completely sopping wet, I ran back to the house, collecting my glasses and umbrella and going back to the bus stop, barely making it before the bus left. The day already had a bad feeling to it, and as a type 3, I hate bad feelings.

Fast forward to first period English with Mr. Greene (obviously a type 7, or simply, an enthusiast). To try and rouse myself from my half-slumber, I decided to sit in the front. Sadly, it didn’t help (I got yelled at for sleeping, but I digress). I moved on to Spanish with Mrs. Tanton (again, another type 7), I managed to salvage some sleep there since we watched a movie in class. Slightly refreshed, I went to dance, only to lose all of my energy from before and return back to my zombie-like state.

Going to fourth period was possibly the worst part of my day since I:

1. Fell in the hallway
  2. Got yelled at for sleeping again
  3. Fell out of my chair

As a type 3, my least favorite things are failure and embarrassment. Obviously, all of these things:

1. Draw attention to me (which I hate)
  2. Make me embarrassed (which I also hate)

Fifth period became enjoyable when I helped film a new segment for The Wave Breaker called Dear Abby. I may have ruined like 3 cuts, but there’s this thing called editing for a reason! The rest of the day went by as planned with no more surprise naps or falling down stairs.

It wasn’t until I tried to the ride bus home, that my day went from worse to horrendous. Now usually, I curl up in a seat to myself (I’m not very social if you haven’t noticed) and prepare for the ride home. I was thinking, Ava this day is almost over and you can go home and get ready for dance! But N O, I can’t have nice things! My bus driver decided to quit permanently and we didn’t leave the school until 4:30. Obviously I was feeling some type of way about this, which made my prominent RBF even worse than it already is. So of course, my brooding self is freaking out because I had a fettuccine sitting at home, ready! to! eat! But my overachiever self decided to work ahead in my classes and start studying for my upcoming Human Geography test.

Fast forward to 5:00, I get off the bus in the pouring rain again (I swear this is like deja-vu), without an umbrella. With 5 minutes to spare, I have to race home, get dressed, and eat before for leaving for dance. You bet I ran like Naruto. Arriving home, I hightailed my butt up the stairs to get my dance clothes and hairspray my bun into submission. Before I depart I grab a piece of bread so I can stuff it in my hoodie to eat later (coming back to the point about Oprah, I love bread).  

Finally, it’s the end of the day. I finished up Friday’s homework (you know, the overachiever in me had to do the most) and went to sleep. I headed up stairs and finally passed out on the perfectly made bed (my perfectionist is showing) and went to sleep.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “A day in the life of a type 3 personality”

1. Katie on April 18th, 2018 10:13 pm

Great story. Good reading.

[Reply]

2. Katie on April 18th, 2018 10:13 pm

This was a great story, it made for really good reading. Funny. And interesting.

[Reply]

• A day in the life of a type 3 personality

Opinion

What has Kanye done?!

Columns

A letter from the Editor

Opinion

One last Oorah for the road

Opinion

A step by step process to winning March Madness🏀

Columns

A list of things you should absolutely not do on Senior Skip Day (wink wink)

Opinion

Some advice

Opinion

An Open Letter to Governor McMaster

Opinion

Child trafficking and prostitution are real

Columns

I’m not going to college straight out of high school, and that’s okay

Opinion

What “Black Panther” means to the black community