Senior picnic splendor

Friday, May 5, 2017 will go down as the best senior picnic to date. The weather for the event could not have been more perfect, with a slight spring breeze with just enough heat for it to not be cold.

After reporting to class for attendance, seniors gathered in the auditorium to watch the senior slideshow. As the class of 2017 watched their memories from this year slide across the projector screen shouts of joy and laughter rang throughout the auditorium.

Seniors were then led out to the practice field behind the school where a luau extravaganza awaited us. The whole event was organized and perfected by Ms. Miller and the Leadership team.

Along with Ms. Miller, other departments contributed to make our senior picnic special. Chef Huff and the Culinary Arts students made the delicious lunch that the seniors enjoyed and the steel drum students set the atmosphere of the luau by creating island music.

Besides food and music, seniors got to pick up their final yearbook and get their peers to sign for the last time before everyone goes their separate ways after graduation.

It was all so surreal, watching as the boys talk smack about who would beat who when they raced on the relay blowup, watching as girls chatted and signed yearbooks at the tables, watching as groups of friends flocked to the photo booth to capture that moment in time forever, and watching as everyone joked and laughed together like old friends. The event marked our last hoorah together before we get let out into the real world.

The senior picnic was filled with nothing but that carefree happiness we will only get glimpses of now that we are about to venture out on our own.

As our high school careers come to a close, we must reflect on how blessed we are that we are about to be able to call ourselves high school graduates. May nothing but good fortune come to the class of 2017!