Winter wonderland

A cardinal spotted during the snow storm.

Nathan Gohl

Nathan Gohl

Every South Carolinian who went outside last week saw something some southerners have never seen before. In a matter of hours the ground was covered in a blanket of white fluffy snow!

This exciting event was caused by a strong storm brought up to 5 inches of snow in the lowcountry. Many families in summerville were joyus to see the inches of snow gather in their lawns and for many people this was the first time they have seen a reasonable amount of snow.

“It was so exciting! I’ve never seen this much snow before. When i went outside it was so much colder than I expected, I made a amazing snowman and i was able to experience all the childish things you do in the snow.” Leah Shupp Freshman

Many people, though they were excited were not prepared for the massive amount of snow. If you drove through neighborhoods you would see children sledding with boogie boards, regular sneakers on their feet.

Snowmen where made instead of sandmen. Instead of wearing shorts in winter people were actually wearing season-appropriate clothing!  

Many accidents and car crashes happened of the course of the snow storm. People overestimated their control over their car on the icy roads. On the other side of the spectrum People were struggling to drive on the ice, going 5 MPH in a zone of 60 causing massive traffic delays and hazards.

Though it caused some issues the snow was a fun occurence that we may never see again. Although we sure hope so!

About the Contributors
Matea Jacobs, Staff Writer

Matea Jacobs is a fun-loving adventurous girl and this is her third year writing for the newspaper. She has always been interested in journalism and hopes to become a journalist and biomedical scientist. She figure skates and dabbles in dancing and hopes to bring a new perspective to the newspaper team this year.

Nathan Gohl, Staff Writer

Nathan Gohl is a first year staff member on the Wave Breaker publication. He is 17 years old, a senior, and is active in the Summerville High School photography program. Nathan definitely hates waking up early, but wakes up before sunrise each day… sadly. Some of his hobbies include: loudly vocalizing in times of boredom, playing guitar, taking decent photos, and being an amazingly mediocre student in math and science class. He loves a good binge watch, and some of his favorite shows are TURN, The Americans, and Top Gear. Nathan looks forward to developing his photojournalism skills over the course of the year and taking Ms. Neal to prom in April.