Cuppa Manna: community coffee and bubble tea shop

Throughout the history of beverages, coffee has become an international favorite across the world, spreading far as Finland to Croatia. Alongside coffee, bubble tea (a modern japanese-style of the original) has influenced the world with its interesting style of taste. For local Summerville residents, it’s now possible to experience the global trend at Cuppa Manna at 100 South Main Street.

Cuppa Manna, originally known as Single Smile Cafe, has brought Summerville residents ,”… a family atmosphere and a sense of community…” Janice Taylor, Cuppa Manna  (owner), explained. Sticking with the community feeling, the shop gives off the feeling of a at home experience bringing people together over coffee. The owners, Mike and Janice Taylor, fell in love with the town and wanted to leave an impression on those who love good coffee. Known for mostly their coffee and bubble tea, the quaint shop also does breakfast along with lunch.

Even though they’ve only been open for a while, the shop has already had a best seller for everything, including a few community favorites. “Our [most popular] food by far is the Turkey Avocado Melt…  And from our [best selling] coffees, I would say the Campfire Mocha Latte. It’s very popular.It comes hot in the summer and iced in the winter.” said Mrs. Taylor.

Running a business in a community-based area, the employees hold events to give back to the people as much as the people have give them by visiting.

“We do some fundraisers for the community and we have community events for the downtown Summerville area,” Mrs. Taylor continued. Their most recent events have been an open mic night on Tuesdays from six pm till nine pm and an upcoming event that will be at the Flowertown Festival.

For most local Summerville businesses, they’re run by teams of people, but Cuppa Manna is a locally run, family business. With being very close to Summerville High School and the surrounding neighborhoods, it’s an ideal place to bring family and friends for a bite to eat or to catch up over a cup of coffee. It hits close to home by giving back what our community has given to it. So, if you’re ever in need of a place for a bite to eat or to catch up with your friends after school, Cuppa Manna is a charming place that will make you say ‘I love you a latte.’

About the Writer
Morgyn Gosseck, Staff Writer

Morgyn Gosseck is a junior in his first year writing for the Wave Breaker. He wanted to do something out of the box, and doing the newspaper was a first draft pick. His hopes are to add insightful and informational stories for the Wave Breaker team.