“Get Out”

Licensed for individual reuse

Licensed for individual reuse

First time director Jordan Peele wrote and directed the new movie “Get Out” which was released on Feb. 24, 2017. This movie has been one of the most successful movies directed by a first time actor in a long time.

Get Out could be looked at as negative because of it’s interracial relationship being antagonized, but it’s much more background behind the film when looking into certain parts as symbolic.

“But whatever important ideas about racial alienation this movie may be trying to illustrate, we also can’t lose sight of how it chooses to express itself—in bloody, profane ways.” said Paul Asay in Plugged In.

As an audience member, I would have to say “Get Out” was suspenseful and exhilarating to watch. This movie was made to entertain with a message behind it, telling a story through symbolism.

“‘Get Out’ was more funny than scary the ending left me lost I expected more of the movie.” says Nicolas Holland, senior.

He was not the biggest fan of the film, but Holland was not the only person who felt this way. Jordan Peele explains the ending to his audience very simply.

“It was very clear that the ending needed to transform into something that gives us a hero, that gives us an escape, gives us a positive feeling when we leave this movie,” Jordan Peele explained in an interview, “There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing the audience go crazy when Rod shows up.”

Some reviews show that Peele used his resources very well with combining two past movies, “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner” and “The Stepford Wives”, to create something new and exciting. Peele wants us to think about the movie, he wants us to look deeper into this film.

What you see in “Get Out” is supposed to entertain you and make you want to watch more. Peele used this film to make us notice a moral.It’s all about the audience’s perspective. Pay attention to every part and relate this to everyday life stories: this movie is very much different than others.