Spring back from winter

March 20, 2017 marked the first official day of spring. Even though winter and snow seem to be lingering around a little longer than usual, a yellow snow, also known as pollen, has begun to engulf the outside world and jump start spring.

As spring approaches, a limited amount of time is left to get ready for the radiating sun, sandals, and flowy sun dresses.

First things first, after a few month of Vitamin D deprived skin it’s time to get the skin ready to absorb the warmth and glow of the spring sunshine. Thus, it’s a great idea to invest in an exfoliate.

Not only will an exfoliate revamp the skin by slugging off those pale, dead skin cells, it also helps with minimizing cellulite, moisturizing dry winter skin, and evening skin tone.

New growth is a huge symbol of spring and when it comes to haircare, new growth is definitely needed after the past few months of limited exposure to sun and moisture

Hair masks are every beauty guru’s obsession right now. Coconut oil, or other plant based oils, are an affordable and effective way to moisturize dry, dull winter hair.

If masks are not your cup of tea, then spring back with a new look! After the winter, those ends could always use a trim and maybe add a few highlights to give hair a brighter look.

The colder months always inspire darker, more intense makeup looks. Whether it be a burgundy lip, intense eye shadow, or layers of foundations. However, spring celebrates the beauty of all things natural, which should be reflected in make-up looks.

Try swapping out the pore clogging, full coverage foundations for a tinted moisturizer or light BB creme; letting the skin be exposed to the fresh, spring air is essential. Spring always has vibrant and popping colors, so try to incorporate light pinks and reds for lips or a tinted chapstick.

Lastly, jump back into spring and revamp your health, both physically and mentally. Winter is the time of comfort food and hibernation, but spring is the time a rebirth and growth, which can definitely play into health.

Reach out of your comfort zone and try a new form of physical health. Yoga not only builds strength physically, but also mentally, and your mental health is just as important, if not more, as your physical health.

Along with taking care of your body, the arrival of spring also means an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables. Embrace this with open arms because what you fuel your body with matters. This will serve as the needed fertilizer for your blooming positivity and radiatiating health just in time for spring!

Take these few simple and effective recommendations into consideration and you will ready for spring in no time.